Today is a little like Christmas morning - our mountain grass flooring is being installed! And with some much appreciated/needed help from good friends, I got the room painted too!
Ripping up the carpet was literally the first thing we did in the house so seeing the project completed in both the office and no longer the "project room" feels like we are making some real progress. We will still have the stairs to work on - repair, paint and have the flooring guys install the already purchased runner - but we even managed to get started on that project this week as well! In fact, we have gotten so much accomplished in the past couple weeks I need to make a new list of what to tackle next!
To recap our flooring project, we started with carpet running up the stairs onto the landing and into the office and what was the master bedroom. This was just before Labor Day.
After the carpet was ripped up it looked like this....taken over Labor Day weekend.
We then hand scraped and sanded the landing as the boards were too thin to use a mechanical sander on. We added a rug, buffet piece and lamp and now the landing looks like this...
I did a good amount of searching and sourcing for our stair runner and I wrote this post. Then two months later, I wrote this post about how our plans had changed from painting the floor in the old master/stinky/project room to installing sea grass and how our original thought of doing a stripped runner wouldn't work for us.
In November, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the below mountain grass for the office and project room and a gray wool sisal for the stair runner(both from Fibreworks).
The mountain grass was backordered until early December and with our own scheduling issues as well as our installer being super busy we made a plan for install in January. That, of course, brings us today and as I write this they have just arrived!
Lots of progress pics to come next week! Have a great weekend everyone!