Our carpenters finished hanging drywall in the project room Wednesday and I completed painting the walls in the office on Monday. We are really pleased with the results of both "in progress" projects and are beginning to see the rooms come together. The project room now looks like this.
My apologies on the badly light photo. The room is on the east side of the house and gets great light in the morning but gets pretty dim in the late afternoon. The pictures of the office turned out much better as the room gets afternoon light that the original windows filter so amazingly.
There won't be much time for projects this weekend as my parents and sister are visiting but I do plan to finish painting the ceiling in the office and hopefully clean the project room. The drywall dust just gets everywhere!
In the office, the next steps are to move our things into room - desk, chair, supplies, files etc. and to find new brackets to rehang open wood shelving. The mountain grass flooring won't be installed until the end of December (maybe early January) and will be are fairly quick process. As such we have decided to start using the room and to just move the few pieces of furniture when necessary.
In the project room, we need to obviously clean up from construction and then start priming and painting. Jeff's family is coming for Christmas and his sister will be using the room so I would like to make it as comfortable as possible for her - although there might not be flooring and she will be sleeping on an air mattress....
Have a great weekend everyone!